Sunday, December 03, 2006

Lessons to learn as a Convert in Islam.

Yesterday, MUIS and AMTAS have organised a briefing for all pilgrims who are performing hajj this year.

Alhamdulillah, I am being invited by Allah to His Holy Land and perform my 5th Pillar this coming hajj season. InshaAllah, I can perform a full hajj in the name of Allah, fully submitted to Him.

Yesterday briefing was spoken in Malay (as usual). Don't understand anything said by the speakers. Only the powerpoint slide has some English text... oh yes.. I was copying like crazy... but still missed out some points... (be patience... practice tolerance...)

I am putting my notes in the next blog, so other non-Malay speaking muslim or those who are absent are able to benefit from this.

My hubby who used to be my translator was unable to attend the briefing (I used to pour all my unhappiness to him during all this Malay speaking event, may Allah reward him for his tolerance, ameen). I called up earlier to MUIS - Haj department, the lady assured me that the "Multi-media" was in English. The event due to majority were Malays, so all speakers spoke in Malay language, while non-Malay audience were advised to read the slide with English text. The 1st & 2nd speakers whom have mentioned anything on "Jeddah Airport", I had no idea of what the pilgrims were "supposed to know"... since I do not know.

In the past, in such incidents, I would be so timid and felt left out and cried a lot, each time I was told beforehand that the event/talk/course was supposed to be conducted in English, but changed the language as "majority" attending were Malays. I felt so unjust to any non-Malay speaking convert who is eager to learn. They never realised that they are pushing the converts away.

I don't want to be defeated by language barrier to stop me from learning, so I doa a lot. I supplicate to Allah for guidance, He is the provider of all creation, I turn to Him for knowledge of Islam and Qur'an. He answered and still feeding me with knowledge of different fields... I am so blessed. Subhaanallaah walhamdulillaah wa laa ilahaillallaah.

The tip is to be tolerance and be patience. Allah repeated many times in the Quran to turn to Him during hardship and despair, and be patience. "Hurry to Prayer. Hurry to Prayer. Hurry to success. Hurry to success" is called out in every prayer's time. Pray and turn to Allah, you'll be successful.

"Verily, along with every hardship is relief. Verily, along with every hardship is relief." (i.e there is one hardship with two reliefs, so one hardship cannnot overcome two reliefs.) [Quran chapter, Surah As-Sharh (The opening Forth/Hope) 94 : 5 - 6]

This 2 verses are my greatest comfort at all time. Ask Allah, He will provide. In just matters of time.

My counting blessings are attending classes by Ust Ahmad Jelani's Taisir / Tajweed / Talaqqi (Quran reading), Islamic studies (Tauhid/Fiqh / Hadith. A few lessons on Taranum with ust Muhammad (quilty can't complete it due to tight time management with other classes).

Bro Aidit Gazali's Insan Rabbani (+ Advance) Islamised Qigong and breathing exercises / Parenthood / Dawah / Family Planning; and Ustadz Fidaus's Quran and Science / Astronomy in Al Quran / Kiblat calculation / Prayer time Calculation / Islamic & Civil Calender calculation.

Ust Bani's Sirah and usrah session (discussion of Islamic topics) (1999)

Ust Mustafa's Arabic language. Ust Yusoff's Arabic language. Sis Faezah's Arabic for beginners.

Ust Zul's Orientation for Muslim Educator (2006). Ust Isa's Jenazah course (1999).

Ust Haron's Haj course (Masjid al Iman, every Sun 8:30am) / Hadith (msj Al Khair, every Sun 10:30am) / Short Talk on Hadith (msj Jamek Chulia, every Mon after Zohor)

There are people asking me, how come I am able to attend so many classes (in just 8 yrs now). I merely answered "I ask Allah." They looked surprised. They couldn't imagine, to gain the knowledge I have, I had to go through a big struggle, only Allah knows, my hubby knows and my dearest sister and mummy cares. They are my support to continue my journey to seek knowledge in Islam.

I do not want to miss out any English classes in Islam, since it's already so few in Singapore. Alhamdulillaah, Allah would lead me to places to attend classes... whether it's in Bukit Panjang (Msj Al- Iman) or Choa Chu Kang (Msj Al- Khair) which are 1 hour journey from where I stay.

2 Comments:

At 16/12/06 1:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al Khair? Ya Allah.. i feel so ashamed of myself not being able to travel far or sometimes i would grumble coz it's very far.

Al Khair is so far from your place!! And you got the patience to travel to bukit panjang too!!

I got nothing to say but this is a lesson for me to learn. :)

 
At 19/12/06 8:50 am, Blogger Aisya Chen said...

Salam sis Sahidah,

As I said in the blog, there is limited English Islamic classes around. So when there is a class in English, if time allows, I want to catch it. InshaAllah every steps I take to seek knowledge, I am rewarded by Allah and protected by angels, isn't that what we learn in ustadz Ahmad's class *blink*.

Sis Sahidah is planning to study in Syria, that's even further than Al Khair to me. Doa for me so I can study there too, ok?

Wassalam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home