Monday, June 25, 2007

Dental care is important... or it'll hurt badly.

Went to the dentist this afternoon as my tooth hurt badly.

The dentist did an Xray for me. She said under my tooth filling, it was getting a bit decay, my filling was very deep and near to my tooth nerve. That is why, with the decay it hurts from the middle and not the sides. The gum around the tooth is fine.

It only hurts when I eat, when the food touches the filling. The dentist wanted me to burn (kill) my tooth's nerve so I would not feel any pain; and I do not have to remove the whole tooth.

I hope I don't have to do that. I can't imagine how it will be without any feeling on the tooth, what if the decay get worst went pass the gum into the roots... then one day the tooth just "pop" into powder form and left the filling dropped into my hand. That would be what is left from my tooth... gross!

Given 1 month to consider, I am replaced with a temporary filling that contains medication to ease the pain. She filed some of my teeth to be levelled with the problemed tooth, to reduce the pressure on the tooth.

So I have 1 month to consider whether I can tolerate the pain or to murder my nerve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home